4.9.09

Fast Times at the Trop.

After Josh Beckett threw up yet another clunker, Clay Buchholz whispered "Let me be your hero," in the collective Red Sox Nation ear. I would like to formally introduce Say Hey Clay to the Red Sox third slot in the rotation. You've earned it, now don't go out there in the playoffs and go all Rick Ankiel on us. We got to the Rookie Price early, and often. And it ultimately led to the end of the Rays season. Sorry Tampa can't say that I'm upset, but back to the drawing board.

Still there were pivotal points in the game that the Red Sox proved they were the better team. Most glaringly, the 8th inning where Daniel Bard was on to face Evan Longoria. With the gopher ball he gave up to him VERY fresh in his mind 3 weeks ago he made the adjustments he needed to (not throwing that beast an F-ing fastball) and pitched like a big leaguer. Kudos.

The offense still clicking on all cylinders came through for 6 runs on a pitcher who clearly is hitting that rookie August/September wall. And all is well in New England.

Elsewhere in baseball, Pedro vs. Lincecum. Ask yourself what would happen when "vintage" Pedro throws against the "new" Pedro of this era. Look no further than Citizens Bank Park on Thursday night. Pedro became the bulldog we knew and loved to hurl 7 IMPRESSIVE innings striking out 9. "90-91 is a good fastball," (Remember that Presser?) I believe you Pedro and I believe that when you're in the league it is a better place. Lincecum who struck out 11 in 7 innings is going to continue to dazzle for another decade and is quickly becoming THE most electrifying pitcher in baseball. I LOVE PITCHERS' DUELS!

I would like to take this final paragraph to advocate for Curt Schilling for the Senate seat that was occupied by one Ted Kennedy. I do not live in the state of Massachusetts but anyone that does would be hard-pressed to find a better candidate whom stands up for what he believes in and isn't afraid to speak his mind in any forum. I put this to you Bottom of the Ninth fans, bloggers, and Red Sox Nation alike; get him in that seat!

Stay Tuned

Ryan

2 comments:

  1. I live in Massachusetts - and thank you, but no thank you; Curt Schilling is NOT the man we need to replace Ted Kennedy, nor do we need Curt in politics in MA. You can leave Massachusetts politics to those of us who live in the state. And for the record - I have lived in MA all my life, never miss and election and NO I am not a registered Democat. Like many here, I am a registered "Unenrolled" - meaning I vote for the canidate, not the party. I might have loved Schil on the mound, but I will never cast a vote for the man. Loose cannons are not what is needed in politics. Loose cannons get our young servicemen and women killed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly understand your opinion, but i'll agree to disagree. Thanks for reading!I try not to bring many politics into the blog for the reason of not alienating my readers, but have met Schilling and advocate for him.

    ReplyDelete