9.9.09

Chicks Dig the Long Ball

There are many things the creep me out in this world, bees first and foremost, but what happened to me yesterday at work could almost take the cake as most inappropriately socially awkward moment of my life. While standing at the urinal at work someone else walks into the bathroom. I'm not gun-shy so I just keep it flowing. He walks in and occupies the urinal directly beside mine, and decides that a Liberace like notion would be in order. He gives me a double pat on the back (like the kind you would give someone you were reassuring) and states the following: "Ya know, some days too much caffeine just doesn't do it." First off, who in the flying Christ touches another guy while he's taking a piss, and second what the f*ck does what he said mean? I retorted with a blank, "uhhhhh" and tried to scurry around to the sink but the soap wouldn't work so scalding hot water was going to have to wash away the thought in my mind of someone caressing my shoulder while urinating. Then I made a bee line for the door and sat down in my cubicle, shaking my head wondering if the things that happen in my everyday life are real. I unfortunately can assure you, they are.

Homosexuality aside, there was nothing Elton John about Tuesday nights baseball game. Clay Buchholz had no-hitter stuff early on and ended by dazzling us for 7-innings of 3-hit baseball. The offense got started early and often, including two home runs by the diminutive leader, Gonzo going gonzo, Papi, the Youkka, and the enigma all going deep into the night pushed us to a 10-0 shutout. For the Enigma this is his first time since 2006 hitting 20 HRs in a season which begs the question, was this season a success for him?

What's the worst part about this Red Sox win? The fact that they lost a ½ game in the wild card chase, with Texas sweeping the lowly Indians in a day/night double-dip. It seems as if, New Hampshire's own Chris Lambert, is the Sox personal whipping boy when he pitches against us this year. But I applaud you for rubbing his face in the dirt whenever he comes here, keep 'em comin!

David Ortiz has collected yet another milestone in his storybook career. He has now tied Frank Thomas for most homeruns as a DH. With Thomas Cooperstown bound David Ortiz has at least a few more productive years left in which to pad his lead atop the leader board and set the precedent higher for the next up and comer. Well done sir but is your Hall of Fame trip tarnished because of the steroid accusations? I hope not, for all that's pure in baseball I hope not. Good luck to you!

Keep the wins coming Boston, Texas isn't wilting in that wretched Arlington heat.

Stay Tuned

Ryan

2 comments:

  1. Weirdo!! (the guy in the bathroom, not you) he must have been drunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is the new guy at work and i have NEVER said one word to him...maybe that was my first mistake...

    ReplyDelete