30.9.09

The Comeback That Wasn’t

So Clay Buchholz threw well last night Eh? A good recipe for success is to not give up 3 runs in the first or 5 home runs in an outing for that matter, but what do I know. But is it just me, or did this loss taste like eating shit off of a mushroom. Think about it. They had us dead to nuts, and we mount a momentous comeback capped off by JD Drew and his Ruthian shot to dead central. God, you could feel it in the air. And what a sweet smell a comeback is on a quiet autumn night. Yeah, We know the rest but I am however going to give props to that Jason Frasor kid. He knew if he threw Youkilis one more fastball in that at bat that he was going to go apeshit on it and send it onto the Mass Pike but that still doesn't mean that the 2nd 3-2 Change-up wasn't a ballsy pitch. I almost wanted to stand up and applaud had I not have put my foot through my cats ass for the loss of this game.

Adam Lind. WTF. I view Adam Lind the exact way I view Ben Zobrist of the Tampa Bay Rays. FLUKE. Yes the guy has 30+ bombs this year but to me he is nothing more than a glorified Frank Catalanotto. But boy did, we'll call him G-Frank (short for glorified Frank), have himself a game. Disposing of EVERYTHING that came into his wheelhouse. And ANYONE that thinks that Papelbon hit him intentionally is especially unknowledgeable in the art of 'comeback'. At no point in time does the pitcher immediately following a ball busting comeback want to let ANY runners on base. He tried to get in on him and unfortunately for him because that shit hurts, he hit him. Good Game G-Frank maybe you should sit the next couple of plays out, You're killin' us.

There's a lot of things that I pine for in a baseball season, I love asking for No-Hitters, Errorless ballgames, Hideki Matsui to fall and break his pelvis; but if these Baseball Gods that I have prayed to and have heard so much about care about me at all they will let the large father get to the 30 HR and 100 RBI Plateau. If he gets stuck at 29 and 99 respectively I'm going to judo chop my windpipe. I will film it and post it on here because that would be pretty Busch League. Yes I'm calling you out Baseball Gods, show your reign.

Now I don't like to back into the postseason and that is seemingly what we did but HELLO OCTOBER. And We Meet again Anaheim. For a quick second here I will bring attention to the biggest star on the Anaheim Angles (I'm refusing to use the other 12 names they use as their respective city) Howie Kendrick! What the Hell? You of all people are going to call out Boston and say that "You Want Boston." We may need to get this man some help, suicide watch would probably be the best bet because if they think with that pitching staff that they stand a chance in this series they're out of their MotherLovin mind. As my Chess instructor (please don't judge I used to be a prodigy) once told me as I was about to get my ass took to the cleaners, "A Gentleman Would Retire." I think it stands true here as well. We will Meet again Howie Kendrick.

Stay Tuned

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment