18.9.09

The C stands for Chitshow

Señor Embrague was back and we won the game and our 8th straight victory, and 3rd straight sweep. Wait A Tick. This Just In. We Lost, Jason Varitek is now a liability behind the dish along with the never ending pile of strikeouts, double plays, and rally killing pop-ups to 2nd base.

I'm sorry to all you Tek Army advocates out there but what good is he to this team? He hasn't had a hit since, when, May? He has thrown out 13 runners and given up 100 steals. The only word that comes to mind is SUCKING HIND TIT. The one job that Varitek has whence he steps onto the diamond is to keep the ball in front of him (Enter Screenshot of the "wild pitch"). This is a Curveball. THE EASIEST F*CKING PITCH TO BLOCK. And somehow he decides that doing his best Engleberg impression during Walter Matthau's catching practice would be the best way to devote his time. Enough is enough Tito Varitek needs to play every 7th day. I don't care who's pitching. And come October, Varitek's C can stand for Clipboard.

While we're on the topic of Mr. Clean (Francona, sans the earring) there is no reason for Youkilis who is 2 for 2 in his career against Fuentes not to bat in JD Drew's spot. Even if you have to make a couple of different moves in the next frame, at least you're in the next frame knowing that your best guy got an AB. Instead, the crybabies won and escaped Beantown with a W.

Beckett, although giving up the 2 HR's looked pretty impressive last night. That ball hit out by Kendrick was a PERFECTLY executed pitch with an even more perfecter swing to hit a yahzee ball out to Right Field. Eight solid innings from Beckett should have been good for a win, but (not to beat a dead horse) Varitek went tits up.

Tell me that everyone didn't think that Señor Embrague went "bridge" in the 8th when he hit that moonball in front of the wall. I was jumping up and down, internally flipping off Mike Scioscia, and pretending to down a beer; since I was dry it was a less than banner night at the Norton Residence.

Off to Baltimore to take I mean play a three game set. Anyone else wonder what it would be like if maybe the Uh-Oh's went out in the offseason, and acquired a John Lackey or a hopefully recovered Ben Sheets, along with a Jon Garland to man the backend of their rotation with their youth Sandwiched in between for pitching? They would be lethal with that young potent lineup…like the Barbecue sauce…They'd be the Sweet "Baby Rays."

Stay Tuned

Ryan

2 comments:

  1. I was there for the game last night and watching Varitek let that ball slip through his legs made me sick to my stomach.

    What made it even worse is one batter before that pitch I was the genius that decided to turn to the guy behind me who was filling in a score card and said, "Beckett hasn't walked anyone yet has he"?

    Needless to say he answered, "No he hasn't, but I didn't hear you say that". So I blatantly jinxed the game and hate the fact that I now feel that we lost because I opened my mouth. Wagner came out in the 9th and walked the first batter that later became the winning run. I've learned my lesson to keep my mouth shut in such situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you man, being a former catcher, it made me more than sick i wanted to kick a newborn. Shame on your for bringing upon that hex. You can think those things if you want (no hitter, never lost against a team, etc. But take it easy when your throwin out fun facts HA!

    ReplyDelete