24.2.10

Remodeling Isn’t Always Best

This may be slanderous, it may be heinous, it may be a slag that any self respecting Red Sox fan should NEVER make, but; I want a new ballpark.

I realize that most of you have stopped reading after that first sentence but check out my points here.

  • Fenway is outdated- On a wet day you can see rats running along the walls to get to drier ground. Some of the obstructions are no longer "part of the game" with the newer architectural advances since the last turn of the century. Pillars in front of seats really should not play a part in your enjoyment of a baseball game yet they do, and instead of finally not having to add seats every year in order to accommodate more fans we could have a max capacity ball park to be proud of instead of a timeless yet dated classic.
  • Revenue- I don't anticipate EVER bringing in as much revenue as does the team in the Bronx but look at what the Twins just did. Usually known as frugal spenders just increased their payroll to over 90 million just prior to moving into Target Field, and that's projected revenue, Imagine what this Red Sox marketing team could do.
  • Essence- Fenway is one of the most revered sports venues in the World, and most people want to get that Fenway experience when they go to a ballpark. Easy. Look what the Yankees just did with their ballpark. It is a spitting image of the "old Yankee Stadium" except with more (expensive) seats and an overall nicer facility.
  • Ease of access- Ya know, America is fat. Some people are complaining that some of the seats are not as "fan-friendly" as they could be. First off, I'll say eat a salad. Secondly, this could all be rectified with a new stadium and new revenue streams.

The Red Sox front office has come out and said that they put out a poll to see if Red Sox nation wanted a new stadium. And it was overwhelming that people did NOT. Well I for one never saw this poll, and if I did I would have gotten EVERY person I know to see it my way by Powerpoint presentation or good old fashioned blunt force trauma. But I am all for another poll to get this new arena for Red Sox Nation. I love you Fenway, you've done me well, but if we're getting rid of Lowell and his old body, you've dipped your last dip and spit your last seed.

Stay Tuned

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment