31.3.10

And the Award goes to…

Well I lied once again. I got preoccupied yesterday and decided not to write the awards for this year. So I apologize for everyone that was furiously clicking over to BOTN but I'm here so please stop all the threatening emails and phone calls.

AL MVP- Evan Longoria

This could be the year he hits .300 or damn close to it, but I think he's going to hit 40 dingers with over 120 RBIs. He is NOW the best 3rd baseman in baseball and as phenomenal as he has been this is where he separates from the rest of the League.

NL MVP- Troy Tulowitzki

It's hard to go away from Albert Pujols in ANYTHING but at the end of last season Tulo put together such a rapport of solidity that I'm on his bandwagon. My projected statline is .315 34HR and 101 RBI. He's the leader of that team and the linchpin of that offense.

AL Cy Young- Jon Lester

I had him last year and I will continue to choose him until his arm falls off or he wins the award but I think he is going to solidify his position as the BEST lefty in baseball so Piss off Johan and Cliff Lee. If the Yankees have a problem with him then he's gotta have hella-stuff I think there will be 4, 20-game winners this year and he is one of them; Verlander, Halladay, Wainwright being the others. Look for 20-6 , 3.09 ERA, and 220K.

NL Cy Young- Roy Halladay

Pitching against the JV everyday and a pitcher in every game he's winning 24 games this year he'll have 20 W's by mid-August. I project him at 24-4, 2.65 ERA, 215 K.

AL Batting Title- Robinson Cano

As much as I hate to award ANYTHING to a Yankee, I think Robinson Cano will edge out Joe Mauer and Ichiro with a .360 avg. Also 85 RBI and 23 HR.

NL Batting Title- Albert Pujols

He is going to own 2 legs of the Triple Crown and I see pujols hitting around .370 this year with MUCH more IBB's than the year before. Line on El Hombre: .372 avg, 39 HR, 144 RBI

AL Rookie of the Year- Brian Matusz

He's one of the only Rookies that isn't really a rookie having a little taste of The Bigs' last year. I like him for 12 Wins. 12-8, 3.85 ERA, 150K.

NL Rookie of the Year- Jason Heyward

There is no getting around this one. Heyward is a BEAST. If Colby Rasmus was still classified as a rookie I'd have given him the nod but there is no one else unless they get called up during the season and has a breakout year that will challenge him. .295avg, 21 HR, 80 RBI

Comeback Player of the Year AL- Carlos Quentin

I don't know that you can actually classify last year as bad still hitting 20 HRs but that plantar fasciitis bout last year really crushed his season and I think he could contend for the MVP this year on a sneaky good White Sox team. .270avg, 37 HR, 110RBI

Comeback Player of the Year NL- Billy Wagner    

I was leaning towards Jay Bruce whom I think is going to have a MONSTER year, but Wagner is not a young player and he's still hitting triple digits on the gun in spring training. I like him to have 40+ saves for the Braves.

AL Sleeper- Matt Harrison

I've watched this kid dazzle me all spring on the hill for the Rangers. This lefty reminds me a LOT of John Danks and I think in their 4-slot in the rotation is going to win 14 games and have a sub-4 ERA.

NL Sleeper- Ryan Ludwick

Most guys would kill to have a down year with 22 HRs and 97 Ribbies. But with Holliday and Pujols being On-Base Machines getting on in front of him he's going to drive in more than 110 RBI and probably back around 30 HRs.

AL Stinker-Curtis Granderson

His peripheral numbers look great but the last 3 years his average has gone down precipitously (.302, .280, .249 respectively) and his performance against lefties would make him a platoon player at best if I were skipper. Think of all the lefties in the AL East (Lester, Matusz, Romero, Price, Rzepczynski, Tallet, and Eveland) that's just within our division. He might hit 25-30 HRs but his average will crush your team's average.

NL Stinker- Jason Bay

This is a stretch because when Jason Bay hit's balls out of the ballpark they usually go a long ways but Citi Field really played with the offensive numbers last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Bay hit less than 30 HRs.

Anything else you guys need or want shoot me an email or feel free to leave it in the comments.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment