4.3.10

Farewell My Friend

As most of you know I am an ardent Nip/Tuck fan. Last night marked the final episode of the 7 season excursion full of sluts and tit jobs which labeled the show as, "The Most Provocative Show on Television".

It was both a sad and joyous occasion in my household because of this commencement. The mood was somber because this is my favorite television show of all time which in turn seems like someone has just shot down dog with an Apache Helicopter. I will now have to find a new vice, and its not going to be easy, especially for the Wednesday at 10PM time slot.

I'm not sure how I feel about what happened to Sean. I understand that he's always wanted more out of his life even though Christian sort of suckered him into the plastic surgery mantra. But it seemed a bit trite to have him take this little boy back to a foreign country with a one way ticket.

I love how things ended with Christian. It was sort of a "circle of life" moment. Things ended exactly how they began. Same lines and everything from the moment of the shows inception, when Christian met Kimber. Of course it would have been better if he snorted coke off this new chicks ass but beggars can't be choosers.

I feel a little bit betrayed at how they culminated Matt. Matt has always been, for lack of a better term, FUBAR'd (Fucked up beyond all recognition). I mean honestly this kid got his face pissed on by trannies, became a mime, started using meth all the while essentially having two fathers; this should be primed for some sort of colossal collapse. But no he sort of advertised his kid to get a woman that doesn't love him and that was that. Fuck you FX, Matt is the character you should have either continued to F up or killed off.

Julia was handled brilliantly. She's always been a flake so it seemed appropriate for her to just walk out of Sean and Christian's lives.

Liz Cruz was the most underappreciated, loyal employee I've ever seen. But things didn't seem to mesh well in the final episode for her. She became a partner and than that was pretty much it.

I guess I was overall disappointed in how it ended. For such an edgy show it ended sort of cookie cutter for me. The symbolism of Christian meeting this new Kimber-esque girl was nice although way too predictable. Matt, to me, is one of the most amazing characters on television with everything that goes wrong in his life and they just sort of gave him the metaphorical keys to a Bentley and let him ride off into the sun. The Jap that was in the final episode that died after a "monster orgasm" was a little corny because they tried to make it like that's what was happening to the McNamara/Troy partnership. Too cliché, you're better than that FX.

This show went on for 7 years. For the first 4 years this show was the shit, there was nothing better. When they brought in a midget whom tried and almost succeeded in taking Julia that's when it started getting a little awkward and it never fully recovered from that. When they moved out to Hollywood I thought it was going to bring new changes but it really didn't. I think for the last 3 years of the show I've only been an avid fan in hopes that it would somewhat return to form but that never really came to fruition, sort of like Shawn Kemp. They had me captivated with "The Carver" season (Season 2 for all of you that don't think I know my Nip/Tuck Shit), and I honestly thought at some point they would bring back Rhona Mitra because never has brutally maiming and killing been so utterly tantalizing.

But I will say that I have given 7 devoted years to you my friend and you will be sorely missed. We've had our ups and downs but you have always been a good person, bad influence, but a better friend there is none. Rest in Peace McNamara/Troy, you will live on vicariously through me as I go on a never ending Christian Troy-like rampage until I find a new program to cool my libido.

McNamara/Troy

July 22, 2003-March 3, 2010

Stay Tuned

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment