24.3.10

Cleaning out my Blog-set

I haven't written in a while and while I did have to hurry all around the New England region, plucking suicidal virgins off of bridges and other assortments of death inducing outcomes, but regardless, I'm back, let's get it. I'm going to be ALL over the map today as far as sports, more so that you can see the kind of knowledge I possess rather than just the one sided baseball side of my brain.

Joe Mauer. Joe Mauer. Joe Mauer. With reports coming out that he would prefer Boston to NY there were people legit sperming their khaki's to get a piece of the Batting Champion Franchise player. I'm here to say that deep down I would have loved seeing a perennial batting champ in our lineup but it was the right move for Minnesota even if in the year 2016 when he starts breaking down they are going to probably be kicking themselves because they have 3 more years and a no-trade clause that will keep him there through the declining years of a catcher's career.

I am honestly worried about Albert Pujols. I realize that I probably shouldn't be because he really has never missed any significant time when the regular season starts but is it just me or do these nagging injuries with the back, the elbow, the shoulder scream Mickey Mantle? Mantle probably would have broken an ass-load of records with a clean bill of health and it just seems that Pujols could be on a downward spiral with regards to injuries. Mind you, Mantle still put up Hall of Fame numbers, but the longevity of his career seemed to be shortened because of such…eerie thought.

Let the Josh Reddick hype machine start up and keep on rolling. This is classic Red Sox brass. Let's see Reddick for what he is here. A good little ball player (who has had a phenomenal spring) with OK plate discipline, a laser-rocket arm, and a thunderous Swing that ONLY Prince Fielder bests. They are building up his trade value because let's face it, this team is going to need a bat at some point to give the team that cog in their lineup for the future, be it Adrian Gonzalez or whomever else. I'm calling right now that Reddick among an assortment of other players will NOT be on the team at the end of the year.

The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Tim Tebow should be a New England Patriot. Bill Belichick spoke glowingly about him, and usually that means he's blowing smoke up the league's ass and wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole, but with this one and BB being friends with Urban Meyer I'm saying he really does want TT, not as a quarterback however. I say this with the mindset of thinking about when the Patriots play the Colts what is the biggest ex-factor in that game every time? It's NOT Reggie Wayne, it's Dallas Clark. He's a quick, reliable tight end with the will to succeed and is virtually indefensible with every defensive scheme put against them. Tim Tebow, to me, IS Dallas Clark. He's a tremendous athlete and has already said he will do WHATEVER any coach tells him to do. This team needs a back-up QB but we are not going to draft a backup QB in the 2nd round that won't play for the next 8 years or so. We will take one of our 6th or 7th round picks and grab some schmo from Idaho and plug him into the system.

After pronouncing the Bruins dead just a week ago, I'm convinced they were reading BOTN and is trying to shove a hockey stick sideways directly up my ass. Because last night they were playing with such heart and such demeanor and is only 1 point away from the 6 spot in the playoffs now that I'm getting back on this bandwagon and they could really be on to something here. Tuukka Rask is a Top 3 goalie in the league, and solid goaltending will win this team playoff games if not a playoff series.

Have the Celtics looked more alive over the last week or so than they have at any point since their winning streak to start the season? I'm starting to regain confidence in this team as well and I would NOT want to face this team in the playoffs now. Paul Pierce has finally come back to being the player he professed that he was following the 2008 Championship and Garnett has been moving MUCH better. If those two can be back at atleast 75% of what they usually are when healthy they are a serious contender.

That's what I got, what do you got? Anything you need me to address? Shoot me an email. Facebook me or leave a comment on the blog, I'll get back to you lickety-split.

Stay Tuned

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment