18.3.10

Living on the Edge…of insanity

So, I had a dream last night *cue inspirational music*, that if I changed my bracket today I would be getting a perfect bracket. And just to recap, I've put my exact same bracket on 3 different sites offering cash and or tangible prizes. So what do you think I did when I came in this morning I changed my mother fucking bracket is what I did. I was looking at minor tweaks, and then engaged in some email banter with a Boston Globe reporter, Joe Sullivan to be exact.

In an epiphany *cue spotlight* I decided a massive overhaul was sort of the best way to go. Before amending my bracket my final four consisted of Kansas, Kansas State, Kentucky, Baylor. Welp my friends, me here at Bottom of the Ninth, Flipped it on its ear. I changed 2 of my Final Four teams and one of them may shock, awe, even dismay you.

I had to take out Kentucky. As blasphemous as that sounds, Calipari seems to do a great job but he chokes under pressure. Not to mention his band of Freshmen seem to be coming a little tired of his shit. So overall Calipari is a douche bag. Freshmen in the tourney usually don't win it all, I don't care if your name is John Wall. So from the East Region if have switched to West Virginia. Da'Sean Butler is lighting shit up like Stephen Curry did two years ago, and I really don't see any reason for that to stop. Also his team is very good on defense, and seems to be more focused than Josh Beckett in the '07 playoffs. I like 'em, and now I have no choice but to love them because there's no turning back.

As ludicrous as that seemed that wasn't the difficult decision for the Final Four, the decision was BYU. BYU has a player in Jimmer Fredette that is going to be the next White American commodity in the NBA. I am banking on him and his Nations leading scorers to take BYU to the promised land or Indianapolis is the locals call it. It seems like a reach but BYU is the best shooting team in the country, they are phenomenal rebounders and adept at creating turnovers…Sounds like a recipe for success for me.

It took a while for me to be convinced that Jimmer (aside: Jimmer reminds me of Thome Mashes Taters on Twitter, a must follow) could lead them past KSU whom I was really in love with. I mean really like to the point of orgasm. But I changed it. FML If I'm wrong and watch Jimmer come out and break a fibula today in the first 2 minutes of the game and throw up a goose egg against Florida. But I'm riding a hunch and if my dream is correct. BOTN is going to blow up. Book it.

Stay Tuned

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment