8.3.10

Springing into Action

It's been a long time, shouldn't have left you, without a dope beat to step to. Sorry everyone for the lack of posts last week. I was taking names and kicking ass like you would not believe on the grindstone and was busy getting my fill of Casey Kelly thus far in spring training (via Internet unfortunately). My thoughts are not as sparkling as his stats have looked so far however.

Maybe it's just me but just watching his delivery on the mound he strikes me as more of a Justin Masterson than a Zack Greinke (whom he compared himself to last year). I am actually inclined to think that this is just one more product of the Red Sox hype machine that is ready to foray into the Bigs. I mean no player is going to go balls to the wall in spring training but other than Mark Buerhle (who is now a number 2 mind you) can you name one ace that doesn't top 92 on the gun with regularity? Didn't think so.

John Lackey looked phenomenal in his debut. He was locating down in the zone and notching ground ball after groundball in the limited sample size. Beckett has looked primed for a big year. Lester although looking more like Casey Fossum is still the Ace but I think he's going to be pitching in the number 2 slot in the rotation. In order to show Beckett how much they value his services with regards to his contract negotiations, he's going to get the Opening Day start. And although Lester is my favorite Lefty in baseball, does anyone doubt Josh "Commander Kick Ass" Beckett in a big game. I don't.

I've got a mini version of Rumblings that hasn't come to pass in about 2 weeks so here ya go as well:

  • To the Old man in the gym doing aerobics and calisthenics whom can't hold his flatulence in; I loathe you.
  • Someone please tell me what Mark McGwire could possibly instruct Albert Pujols on. If anything on that swing gets changed I'm coming after you Shrek with a torch and pitchfork.
  • Zack Greinke…flat out stud. Teams should probably just forfeit any day that he's slotted for the mound.
  • Who's going to be the unlucky shmuck that's going to get enveloped by Heidi Watney's twat of career suicide this year?
  • If I get one more 'Hair Club for Men' email I'm going to shoot myself. I'm bald by choice.
  • If you don't know how Jason Heyward is close your eyes and listen to his batting practice session, kid flat out rakes.
  • Law Abiding Citizen, if you haven't seen it, we're not friends.
  • Is there any reason to think Roy Halladay who annually carved up the AL East, won't win 25+ games in the JV League?
  • Anyone else think they signed Wilfork to trade him and maybe they pick up Jamal Williams who was recently cut from SD at a much cheaper price in order to make some sort of a free agent splash?
  • It's almost time for Selection Sunday, anyone else already pretty much have their Final 4 picked out? *shyly raises hand*

  • Ben Roethlisberger...The guy looks like a teddy bear but inside he's the White Tiger Woods.


Hopefully I was back on point for y'all.

Stay Tuned

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment