4.8.09

The Slayer.

So if you're following me on Twitter you would have realized that I was watching a movie last night. While it started off interesting and the plotline was fantastic, Nicholas Cage and all of the supporting actors, to put in perspective, was like watching the high school play with way too much over-acting. The movie I am of course referring to is "Knowing." Now history should have told me don't watch it because once you go from a kick-ass movie like "Face/Off" to an abomination like "The Family Man" you're career is pretty much over. But me being the eternal optimist (ok that was a stretch) said, "Give him a shot." I ended up wanting to shoot myself by the end of it and actually said out loud, Nicholas Cage, YOU SLAY ME.

So speaking of slaying, Matt Cain the second leg of the Giants 1-2 tandem, is wading into Juan Marichal Territory right now. Although he lost yesterday, his ERA is down hovering around 2.2. In short, he's absolutely dealing. His teammate Tim "The Freak" Lincecum just struck out 15 the other day, and with a couple of minor deadline deals to pick up Freddy Sanchez and Ryan Garko gave them atleast some semblance of an offense which may lead them to October. If they get there…LOOK OUT WORLD!

I'm a little worried playing the Rays. Their entire lineup is going to run all over both of our catchers, and it could be a quick two game sweep. Hopefully Lester can get us started off on the right foot. But he's opposed by the Red Sox Killer Matt Garza. Good luck.

Stay Tuned

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment