22.7.09

The Sox, an Email, and Voyeurism.

Well, another Rookie pitcher, another Sox loss. They don't fare well against the youth movement sweeping through the league and now they have fallen out of first place. I'm not panicking yet, being that it's not even August. But one thing is certain: THIS TEAM NEEDS A BAT! Right now, and it pains me to say this, but Mike Lowell is going to have to take a back seat and we need a bopper, a slugger, a grip-it-and-rip-it kind of guy that is going to give this team another weapon because right now we are getting Roy Halladay'd by Tommy Hunter. And the answer to your question is: Yes I just used a proper Noun (Roy Halladay) as a Verb. I'll tell you thought then when our diminutive leader had that grinding 10-pitch at bat I thought it was over for Texas even though we were still losing. That'll teach me to think.

Knowing that the Red Sox needed a bat I did what any self respecting fan would do: Become the GM and toss around names to trade. Then I had some crazy idea. I figured that I would email one of the inspirations of the blog, Chad Finn. Now, I realize that most reporters are very busy and if they get to a "mailbag" they may respond to one of your questions within 3-4 weeks if you're lucky. Here's what I wrote:

Quick question,               

I was thinking about something and in order to get someone of the caliber of Adrian Gonzalez or Victor Martinez. Do you think there's a way to get them WITHOUT giving up Buchholz?  What about something like Masterson, Bowden and L. Anderson? Is there any way one of the teams would give up one of these premier sluggers without Buchholz being the Centerpiece? What is Masterson's value? I realize he hasn't had as lights-out a season as projected but he is a LEGITIMATE major league arm right?

Now maybe I was feeling lucky, maybe I felt as if the juggernaut that is Bottom of the Ninth is growing so large that he would have no choice but to respond to me, or maybe I was just so infuriated with the Julio Lugo's I mean Boston Red Sox that I needed to get something down in writing. To my surprise within 3 minutes of sending the email here is the illustrious one's response:

Gotta give up Buchholz, son. Cleveland wants him for V-Mart, and Gonzalez isn't getting traded unless the package is overwhelming.


 

As much as I think that I am a commodity much like the way Eminem used to be, I'm going to chalk this one up to superb timing by moiré. Although I should and would not DARE to go against the word of the TATB Savant, Mark Shapiro has went on record saying he wants someone to slide into the 2-3 spot in his rotation. Now let's assume that Cliff Lee doesn't get moved, I'll give Fausto Carmona the benefit of the doubt as the number 2 starter but if Justin Masterson was inserted into their rotation he would most likely be their number 3 starter. Pavano will be gone probably raking in some huge paycheck only to have a hangnail and be put on the 60 day DL the second game of the 2010 season. Cleveland doesn't have anyone ready to step up in the minors as a starter for that role so I feel like Masterson could be someone that might be interesting to send out feelers on. I would also argue that he would slide into the third slot in the Padres rotation as well.


 

Now to switch gears just a bit I wanted to offer a sincere apology from the entire gender to Erin Andrews. If you don't know who Erin Andrews is, check
her
out. She is ESPN's sideline reporter and resident princess in her field. She doesn't have time to promote herself with photo shoots, or parade around in skimpy clothes for paparazzi. She is a professional woman whose love of sports has led her to her current position with ESPN. During what is most likely the College World Series she was the victim of voyeurism in her Hotel Room. After the videotape was filmed he then uploaded it to the internet which was taken down immediately upon uncovering. The scum bag will be found and he will be prosecuted. I realize every man/boy has boyish fantasies about attractive women and don't get me wrong Erin Andrews is a beautiful woman but the line was crossed and I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. This could have been your mother, sister, girlfriend, wife, niece, you name it and it could have been her. Now I ask you this men, how would you have felt if it were one of them?


 

Stay Tuned


 

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment