20.7.09

Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish

First off, sorry for the non-post on Friday, there wasn't a lot of baseball action on Thursday and there was a friend of mine (Vodka) who needed attending to. So if you guys are angry about me trying to be a good friend (drinking aimlessly) than make like a tree, and leave. Now I also need to say that for some reason I feel rejuvenated in life and it may have to be with the fact that I saw my future father in law go Goldberg on some drunk guy and then I stood around like the bouncer on Coyote Ugly before eventually driving this "clown" home. (The only reason clown was in quotes there is because during his haggard afternoon he thought he would pick fights with people which turns out wasn't the best idea, clearly, and kept saying, "don't fuck with the clown.") For anyone that doesn't know though the man doing the "spearing" is about 5'2 and weighs 155 (on a good day) and the spearee as we'll call it is about 5'10, 350lbs. Needless to say he got housed. But now down to the important stuff.

I loathe you Julio Lugo. You continuously showed us how heinous you were on defense. You were the probably the best clubhouse personality since a bad case of Athlete's Foot. Your amazing inability to get a bunt down at any point in your Red Sox tenure is cause for vomiting blood. And you were most likely the highest paid bench ornament in baseball. I'm going to chalk this up to a big L in the loss column for Theo and Co. but since the only other blemish was Edgar Renteria *shudders* So I'll say that in the last 5 years the management has the winningest record in baseball so no more judging but just to be clear; I hope you suffer an unfortunate industrial accident Julio or sign with the Yankees and then all is forgiven.

Say Hey Clay threw on Friday and even though I didn't expect him to get the W, he came up and kept the Toronto lineup at bay. Not only at bay but seemed like he pretty much had his way with them. Did anyone else think after the 1-2-3 first inning that he was going to throw ANOTHER "no-no" just to slow his progression to the majors down more, and maybe command a straight up trade for Cliff Lee And Grady Sizemore? No, alright maybe that was a little too extreme. Granted a semi-high pitch count didn't let him get too deep into the game, but a win is a win is a win. I'm not sure why people have to add that extra 'is a win' but I guess it makes for longer paragraphs so I guess that's ok.

I'm pretty sure that the Sox are going to play the Blue Jays AT LEAST 3 more times without looking at the schedule. And I can almost assure the Roy Halladay is probably going to throw in every one of those series. Not even our heavily touted Jon Lester could derail Doc. I also find it funny that everyone (including myself) calls Halladay a 'horse'. Although he probably could throw 150 pitches every 5th day he's SO economical it seems like he's in the 9th with under 100 pitches every time out against the Sox. Even though it will take a boatload of prospects I still feel that this pitcher is worth it ONLY if you can lock him up for a few years AFTER his contract runs out. But does anyone else feel like the Yankees are lurking, yes lurking, much like the Teixeira signing?

If I were Jason Bay's agent I feel like a deal should have happened over the ASB because if his impression of Big Papi (circa April and May) continues his price is going to go WAY down. I still think that he'll be with the Sox for the next 3-4 years but if this slump continues he's going to be looking more at Adam Dunn's contract (10 mil/yr) than JD Drew's (14 mil/yr).

I think that's about it for now

Stay Tuned

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment